On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Antoine Quint wrote:
>
>  >>   If you[1] don't like the way the site is now,
>  >>   don't bitch about it but change it completing the challenge.
>  >
>  > Well, I'd be up to having a crack at it... Would you be ok publishing
>  > the site with AxKit? Coding websites with it is so easy!
>
> Antoine, reread my original post. We are talking about suggesting a
> *design*, not how the site should be published ;)

Well, he offered to design it, using the tools he knows how to use
best. Since you are asking for people to give of their time and skills,
perhaps you should be less imperious about _how_ you want it
done. Perhaps you should be less imperious in general. Your
"challenge" came off to me as imperious enough that I wasn't interested in
offering to help, anyways. For God's sake, you made it seem like not only
had all the decisions been made already (by you), but that if I didn't use
the right subject line format for my contributions, I might as well not
bother!

Remember that while you have been lucky enough to get a nice paycheck for
jam_ph-ing, the folks whose expertise you are trying to solicit will be
volunteering their time and work. Be nice! Lately your postings here seem
to be preponderantly of a critical tone, more concerned with taking people
to task for not using [OT] in their subject line, or whatever, than with
providing assistance and support to those who are seeking it, as you used
to do so well.

No one doubts your commitment to mod_perl, or your hard -- and unpaid
-- work on the guide and many other things. But if you want to be a leader
who inspires people to collaborate and work as a team under your
direction, you'd do well to work on bringing your people skills up to par
with your technical skills, IMHO.

Have a nice day :)

-nick