Wanted to briefly agree with some that RtI WAS what we've wanted.  It was to
serve the best interest of the kids without testing, labeling, and sending them
off to a place so disconnected from the classroom that their learning was
weakened rather than addressed.

However it takes additional staff /which takes money.  Classroom teachers can
not carry the burden of the intense progress monitoring of Tier 2 that you need
to ensure that what you're doing is making a difference and you're ready to
move on with a student.  We need interventionists to support the teacher.

Sadly in my district this was all dropped on the classroom teacher, with no
additional support, thus negative feelings about RtI.