What about adding something about level of Bloom's Taxonomy q's instead of
"higher-order thinking skills"

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 10:57 PM, Dana's Charter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I've just started working on my EDS in elementary education. I'm having a
> hard time deciding how to word my question.
> what i've got so far is
>
> Will reading comprehension improve by using higher-order thinking skill
> such
> as making connections, predicing, vizualizing, inferring, summarizing, and
> synthesizing?
>
> the need in my classroom is to teach the high-order thinking skills because
> the students have had no exposure to them during kindergarten or first
> grades. I've run the questions by some of my collegues and they seem to
> think i should just focus on one of the straegies. I don't see how i can do
> this when the research will last a year. Does anyone have any input? This
> is
> my first action research and I don't know anyone that has done this before
> so I'm really seeking some advice.

Elisa M. Kifer
Third Grade Literacy Teacher
Fox Meadow Elementary

"Love of reading and writing is not taught, it is created.
Love of reading and writing is not required, it is inspired.
Love of reading and writing is not demanded, it is exemplified.
Love of reading and writing, is not exacted, it is quickened.
Love of reading and writing is not solicited, it is activated."
-Russell Stauffer, 1980