On 11 Gen, 03:14, Bill Hart <goodwillh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ha ha, very funny cheater. Your function is only faster for full limbs!!

Well, Fermat numbers with k>=5 use full limbs!

> What do you think the other hundred or so lines of mpn/generic/mulmod_2expp1
> do?

I do not know, I did not read the function, nor I know what it is
supposed to do: it is not documented.

The benchmark should shows how a library is with an application, I
optimised the application.

> Everyone notice what a silly cheater gian is. Ha ha ha ha!!!

Why? Is there something undocumented or unfair? Please explain. I
explained.

If I wanted to cheat I would have used some internal functions; e.g.
mpn_fft_mul. I didn't.

> More seriously, what do you think you have just proved?

That the right 10 lines could do a fair application, instead of an
application written with an as slow as possible substitute for an
internal function.

fermat_prime_p.c is not a possible application using the library, it's
an application written in such a way that it is fast only with a
specified version of the library.

Tell someone to write a simple function performing Peppin's test,
using mpn_mulmod_2expp1 only if available. Will he write something
like my patch or something like the mess using mpz?

> The powm idea was ok. But this is rubbish.

Why? Please explain.

> Why don't you put your creative energy to good use and write some
> decent code. The actual mpn_mulmod_2expp1 function in MPIR is a sad
> joke.

We finally agree! That function is a joke! But your cheating_benchmark
still use it as a club on other libraries! :D

> Someone like you could probably do a good job of speeding it up
> for real. The same for the mpn_mulmod_2expm1 function. Or are you just
> all mouth?

I'll follow your suggestion, but... forgive me, I'll not do it for
your project. Guess why?

Gian.