I am no network whizz so i may be blowing smoke here. But in my understanding
if you have a running windows connection a linux connection is usually
achievable.

This may sound a little crazy but it just seems strange to me that you are
attempting to connect to the mail server. Surely you connect via the phone
number provided to 'the' computer on the other end, then once connected, your
mail proggy talks to mail.eurobell.co.uk.

You are paying for an internet connection, not just an e-mail account?
Do you have it running in windows? Perhaps some info from your windows
account would be usefull for the linux connection.

I scanned their web-site and i had trouble locating any 56k connect info at
all. This doesn't mean they don't do 56k accounts, they are pushing their
broadband access hard though.

<snip>

--
Michael