At 06:33 PM 1/29/2003 -0600, you wrote:
On Wed, January 29 2003 5:19 pm, FemmeFatale wrote:
> Hi Margot!  I haven't followed this whole thread but if I may say, your ISP
> Is full of shit.  ZA has nothing to do with them.  It just shields your
> comp from outside of the LAN computers.  IE, Net comps on the other end.

Actually, that's not QUITE true, perhaps her ISP uses some transparent
proxying that ZA blocks.  I have seen cases where firewalls DO cause problems
with certain ISPs.  Although, that is not her problem, that is the ISP's.
Or, perhaps they have a very non-standard way of giving her internet access,
perhaps using some sort of virtual networking, automatically set up at their
end.  If this is the case, then 9 times out of 10, any firewall would break
it.  I could get quite technical, in the ways it could happen.. But there is
no time, nor is this the proper place.

However, to help you with your problem, I would suggest that you, at the
(EEK!!) command line, su to root, type ipchains -F, then ipchains -L and see
what the default policies are.. INPUT and OUTPUT should be allowed.. If they
are, then we have another problem, but it's a start.

--
Chuck Burns, Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*laffs*, twice in day I'm being corrected by the same guy! Damn! Guess these painkillers are working overtime <G>

Thx again Chuck, I hadn't thought of those angles.
FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert