----- Original Message -----
From: John Aldrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 1999 1:46 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Ears don't work

> It's a problem with the APM drivers and some motherboards. You,
> unfortunately, seem to have one of the many motherboards affected, as
> do I at work. There's a fix for it. Here's the URL to the message in
> the archives detailing the fix:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/newbie@linux-mandrake.com/msg11666.html

Thanks for that - although to read the message from Axalon - you'd swear it
was a problem with the mother board:

$50 cheap mobo indeed - mine was good value at $200, but a $200 mobo should
be good enough for a stinking bug ridden driver - exception taken Ax.

So much for being able to set up reasonable cost linux system if he's right!
(which I personally doubt, because it works fine under another OS!)

Slag my system all you like Ax, just make sure you got right on your side
first. ;-)

Regards,
Ian

[EMAIL PROTECTED]