On 2004-09-01, SnapafunFrank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now, when I tried to go the update route with Mandrake10, lilo showed
> me boot options for partitions that had no OS on them, ie the FAT
> partitions. Yet when I did a clean install I didn't strike this
> problem?????

I also had a similar experience when helping a friend upgrade to
Mandrake 10.

With 9.2, he was happily dual booting with Windows 95 (98?).
After upgrading to 10.0, selecting the "windows" option produces
a black screen with a blinking cursor.

However, if I go to BIOS and tell it to boot off of the Windows drive
first, Windows boots fine and appears to be undisturbed.

I believe he tried switched to grub and got the same result.
Is there any way to make lilo or grub boot Windows again? It's on a
second drive all by itself.

        Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/Tech/linux_switch/