I'm on my work PC, and hence don't have access to Linux for confirmation of this, but I think there's a way to solve your problem in Mandrake Control Center.

There should be a "Boot" category, or something similar, that you can click on in MCC. Under this you should find an icon labeled "Boot Loader." Click on this to make configuration changes to LILO or GRUB. I *think* one of the changes you can make is which mount point each OS choice in the list boots. This is probably what you want to change to fix this particular problem.

Disclaimer: I'm not a guru, just a Windows power user trying my hand at something new. Take my advice with a half-shaker of salt and call me in the morning. ;-)

-- Adam

Mark Stosberg wrote:

On 2004-09-01, SnapafunFrank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Now, when I tried to go the update route with Mandrake10, lilo showed
me boot options for partitions that had no OS on them, ie the FAT
partitions. Yet when I did a clean install I didn't strike this
problem?????

I also had a similar experience when helping a friend upgrade to Mandrake 10.

With 9.2, he was happily dual booting with Windows 95 (98?).
After upgrading to 10.0, selecting the "windows" option produces
a black screen with a blinking cursor.

However, if I go to BIOS and tell it to boot off of the Windows drive
first, Windows boots fine and appears to be undisturbed.

I believe he tried switched to grub and got the same result.
Is there any way to make lilo or grub boot Windows again? It's on a
second drive all by itself.

        Mark