Raja,

good points. The keyword from your post is "skilled apprenticeship".
Other professions practice this, Accountants, Lawyers, doctors but not
IT!

A guy that just got is Acct Degree doesn't get to be a CFO or manage a
multi-million project, a fresh pilot doesnt get to be captain, he
flies as a co-pilot first.. but iike you say, a fresh IT grad gets to
be a PM! Only in boleh-land!

Maybe there should be some guidelines about apprenticeships... maybe
OSDC should start offerring consultancy to HR depts, on how to hire IT
personel...

Commenting on yr hiring objectives, "it is not the technical skills
that i look for. it is their pre-disposition to acquire and adapt
technical skills.."
its not wrong, but don't you/we think it reflects sadly on our
training intituitions?

We SHOULD BE hiring for technical skills! If I'm a owner of a
data-centre, I want to be able to hire a cloud-computing expert....
but alas, our Edu system can't produce any of them. So I hire some
person whom I think has a right aptitude and train them on the job!
Don't you/anybody think this is the wrong picture!!

--
#-------
regds,

Boh Heong, Yap