WOW.
I've been away from my computer most of the day, so I'm sorry I didn't get
to participate in this dialog. But, hell, it looks like I opened a pretty
big can o'worms. <g>
I don't have time to address all the good points that have been made, right
now, but I like Jamie's idea:   "Maybe they
should just move the chart folks to Austin where they can be around all the
folks making music." for obvious reasons.<VBG> The Gavin folks and some
people who are behind the chart want it in Nashberg. That's where they see
the money and they run a business. I've always said it won't succeed in
Nashville cos the people with the money there don't get it. That's why they
give us bands like the Great Divide and the Warren Brothers. IMHO until
someone see's that point (and I think that was Mr. Marino's problem) it'll
never be what they want it to be. I've got some ideas that I'm working on
that I can't share right now. The wheels are turning, let's leave it at
that. Thanks y'all for the inspiration.
Jim, smilin'