Hell, I been listening to thios Alt Country shit since I bought my first *
Track tape. Back then it was called Southern Rock. Charlie Daniels,
Marshall Tucker, and the Outlaws all played COUNTRY music, no matter how
long there fucking hair was or how loud the Marshall Stack was cranked.
Willie, Waylon, Hank Jr (before he sucked) Paycheck, etc.

This music has been around forever. I don't give a fuck what the Gavin
people say or if radio embraces it, I'll continue to listen to it.

This Twang shit will be around forever, or at least until I'm dead and they
pry my Ernest Tubb and Johnny Cash records out of my hands.

This is a real exciting time in music. Anyone with a CDR can make a record.
YOU DON'T NEED NASHVILLE ANYMORE. Of course, you'll have to bust your ass
on the road to get known, but ANYONE CAN BE A STAR.

Look at me, I started my own goddamned magazine, As a result, I've struck
up conversations and friendships with people who were previously just
idols. Tut Taylor, Charlie McCoy, Don Rigsby, Danny Barnes, Steve Young,
Bill Kirchen, and more. Me, just alittle pissant with an obsolete 486
computer. The internet is a beautiful place, and not just because of all
the naked pictures either. Anyone can start a Rolling Stone, a Creem, a No
Depression. Build a website, make a radio station,  showcase your music,
and start beating on doors. You ain't going to get rich, but do you want to
be a musician or a tycoon? If tycoon is your answer, then sell Amway or
something. Music and Money do NOT have to be synonyms.

Support your local musician, promote this music every chance you get. The
only way this stuff is ever going to grow will be through Grass Roots
(Grass Roots? my god, I sound like a fucking communist!) It won't ever be
big with the public, But it will always be big with me. I'll always have
room on the couch and an extra burger for a road musician. And I have a
sheet of plywood and some cinder blocks so you always got a stage in my
backyard.

I don't care if they call it Americana, Alt Country, Twang, or WGWG Pussy
Music. I like it know, I liked it then, I'll like it tomorrow. And if I get
a chance, I'll try and turn you on to it as well.

Jeff Wall
 http://www.twangzine.com The Webs least sucky music magazine
727 Alder Circle - Va Beach, Va - 23462 -(757) 467-3764