>...  one thing Swing and Rockabilly has going for it that
>alt-country doesn't is the whole fashion aspect, which allows listeners to
>participate in a whole other way.
>When was the last time you saw somebody walking down the street and could
>tell right away that they were an alt-country fan?
>Tom Moran

That's a good point, Tom--but  Need for  Official Clothes is also a
flashing neon sign of a passing fad at work--with the half-life of retro
two-tone shoes and pseudo zoot suits....I wanna weigh in with the many wise
voices of the last 24 hours who've been pointing out the good news  that
THIS music--in whatever version-of-the-decade it travels as--will just keep
on coming. (Not necessarily skyrocketing...)

 Meanwhile, I think it was the great early alt.country artist Hank Thoreau
(of Hank Thoreau and the Deliberate Suburbanites)  who said "avoid all
enterprises requiring acquisition of new clothes."

Barry M.