        Smilin' Jim (Jim, why are you always smilin'?) writes:

> That depends on the kind of hat you're wearing, doesn't it? <g>
> Have you ever been to Texas? When the Derailers played Saturday night there
> were hundreds of people dancing. Of course it *is* kinda hard to dance to
> Son Volt.

        Again, I guess I'm picking more on the Tupelo Rock (tm) crowd than
the retro-tonk thing. Goes without saying that you can two-step and
dosy-doe all night long to the likes of the Derailers/Dale Watson et al.
But will the Derailers be the "Alt-Country Nirvana"? Naw. They're fun and
all and sure got the sound down but I can't see them crossing over the way
that even the Mavericks did a few years back. My own personal opinion.

                                Kip