JP Cold Spring wrote:

>>Of course, what we really need is our own Nirvana.<<

You mean like ANGRY JOHNNY & THE KILLBILLIES?
<g>

Kip Loui wrote

>>But see, that's the thing...there's never going to be an
"Alt-Country Nirvana" because fifteen year-olds don't generally listen to
Steve Earle or Dale Watson or even the Old 97's. <<

Tom Moran wrote:

>>You would have to do one hell of a PR job to foist it off on the public.
Some country version of Marilyn Manson or Rob Zombie might be able to briefly
pull it off and we could ride on their coattails.<<

I think this was best exampled in Nashville when the local press dubbed Angry
Johnny as "the Marilyn Manson of country music."  This drew out of few
teenaged boys to the show, who (as my friend guessed) left after the 3rd song!

It was good for a laugh.

Paul/Pop Booking