At 08:13 AM 4/11/1999 Mike Hays wrote:
>> b.s.
>> n.p. Marty Brown WILD KENTUCKY SKIES
>Weird, I had a listener call and request Marty Friday morning.  In
>particular, anything from that CD.

It's funny, because I've looked for that record for ages and couldn't find
it, used even. Wasting time before I spent my afternoon mowing yards
yesterday (don't you love Spring?<g>) I was at a local drug/discount store
and found a "new" shrinkwrapped copy for $4.99. One of those happy
record-geek moments.

Marty's great. I know from sad experience that his last one, HERE'S TO THE
HONKY-TONKS, was not up to his high standard, but I haven't heard a thing
about him since. Anybody know if he's still working/recording? If trad's
making a comeback as you hope Mike, there sure oughta be a place for Marty
Brown in there.

b.s.

n.p. Dave Edmunds TWANGIN' same $4.99 deal as that record above. Haven't
heard this since my cassette died sometime in the late 80's...<g> A lesser
work by his standards, but some solid songs, and a great cover of "Baby
Let's Play House".

"Time begins on Opening Day" -Thomas Boswell