> << Well, it was part of the premise - that lousy
> performances/performers are
>  especially destructive to the "roots music movement." >>
>

> Lousy music is a drag, but since when has sucky music stopped talented
> musicians from making great music?

It hasn't, but it can make it harder for them to get heard, both because of
the turn-off factor already mentioned - "Yeesh, those guys couldn't carry a
tune in a paper bag.  If that's what bluegrass/alt.country/blues is, I don't
like it." - and because it's often the case, at least in my experience, that
lousy bands will play for next to nothing.  Or nothing.

Jon Weisberger, Kenton County, KY  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger