Andrew: Thanks; good heads-up on the Roadini, then. As for my blue Ram, I
don't want to overstate things, and it was a very nice handling bike. If
I'd kept that Ram though I could probably have squeezed 38s into the frame
and wouldn't have to bother with the Libertas whose fruition, as Bill says,
recedes continually into the future. (Tho' the Libertas is sized better at
60/56 instead of 58/57 or whatever the Ram was.) But having reached the age
where I am a lot slower than I use to be* but also modestly richer, I can
afford to parse small differences and I prefer the slightly faster turn-in
of my 26" wheel road customs.

* Riding home in the hooks against a stiff sidewind today on the 559 X 42
mm Naches-Pass el-shod Matthews Riv Road clone with 23 lb in the rear I was
overtaken by a young 40-something on an old mountain bike with knobbies
carrying his dog on a Jandd rack, tho' he was using an aero bar on his flat
bar. The indignities of growing old ...