> However, even if vertical, will Sierra snow (its a special breed) still
> wind-pack on, stay for weeks, days, not at all?  This site is on the
> Pacific crest at 7,000 ft.

Yes, the "Sierra cement" is not the same as the "cold smoke" snow we get in
my part of the country but I see that snow tends to pretty easily slough
off arrays that are at and above the 35 deg angle.  Even the wettest Sierra
stuff sure doesn't seem like it could stick to glass at a 90 degree angle.
I suspect you could get away with 60 deg, have better production, and still
shed the snow.

--
Sam Haraldson, Installation Manager
onsiteenergyinc.com