RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[14] Red News Summer Mag... NOW OUT!
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
Red News Summer Edition. RN 126. Out July 17th.

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

To order click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

5 Red News' from last season for JUST £5 INCLUDING p&p in UK... £9 ROW...

Order here - product code 5OFFER

To order a single copy click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

Subscribe to Red News.

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

NEW UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

Back Issues

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm

---------------------------------
[13] We play Kaizer Chiefs...
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
from
http://www.supersoccer.co.za/default.asp?id=185539&des=article&scat=supersoccer/vodacomchallenge

http://www.supersoccer.co.za/default.asp?id=185539&des=article&scat=supersoccer/vodacomchallenge

'Kaizer Chiefs were handed a gift-wrapped second crack against Manchester
United in the Vodacom Challenge series by virtue of a 2-0 victory over a
lacklustre Orlando Pirates at the Royal Bafokeng Sports Palace in Rustenburg on
Thursday night.
Both the Soweto rivals have been beaten in the competition by Manchester's
youthful Red Devils, but a bizarre format decreed that the two losers receive a
second bite of the cherry in qualifying for what has been termed a final at
Loftus on Saturday.

And judging by the continuation of Pirates' haphazard form in what constituted
a fourth successive defeat against Amakhosi, the finale to the series of
friendly matches has only been enhanced by the absence of The Buccaneers from
Saturday's game.

The writing was on the wall in only the fifth minute when former Bafana and
Charlton Athletic striker Shaun Bartlett scored his first goal since joining
Chiefs with a typically incisive headed goal.

And while Pirates huffed and puffed in what was a one-dimensional performance,
which provided only one on-target scoring attempt in 90 minutes, it was Chiefs
who virtually settled the issue in the 76th minute with a second headed goal by
Gert Schalkwyk from 20 metres -- infinitely more spectacular than Bartlett's
earlier effort.

A one-side game will surely rank among the most dour and drab of these
traditionally electric Soweto derbies and emphasised the increasing plight of
The Buccaneers before they travel to Nigeria next week for an African Champions
League clash against formidable Enyimba.

Chiefs, for their part, might easily have secured a three-goal lead by the
interval, with several gilt-edged chances squandered and Francis Chansa in
Pirates' goal producing an early breathtaking save from David Mathebula.

A stunning 64th piledriver from substitute Kaizer Motaung struck the woodwork
and denied Chiefs the chance of increasing their lead.

And although the arrival on the field as a substitute for Pirates of former
Chiefs star Jabu Mahlangu (Pule) briefly galvanised The Buccaneers into action,
Schalkwyk's header obliterated any chance of a comeback.'

---------------------------------
[12] More from the Kaizer
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge on Ruud

"There is a great relationship between the two clubs, and I know Van Nistelrooy
wants to come to Bayern."

---------------------------------
[11] Your cup of tea?
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
Richard Ashcroft
M.E.N. Arena Manchester
Manchester, UK
Thu, 30/11/06
On Sale Fri, 21/07/06

TicketMaster - CONCERT TICKETS

 http://www.ticketmaster.com/section/concerts?affiliate=Z067
http://www.ticketmaster.com/section/concerts?affiliate=Z067

---------------------------------
[10] The transfer news today... there is no transfer news today (so far, we
say, wishfully)
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
from Times

'CALL it wishful thinking, call it amateur psychology, call it desperation, but
Sir Alex Ferguson believes that a more open Barclays Premiership title race
might be in prospect this season because of Chelsea’s growing preoccupation
with the Champions League.
Whether or not his team are equipped to profit from such a situation is open to
question — with Ruud van Nistelrooy on the verge of leaving for Real Madrid or
Bayern Munich, Cristiano Ronaldo continuing to agitate and with no
reinforcements having arrived to date — but the Manchester United manager,
while not accusing José Mourinho of taking his eyes off the prize, has little
doubt that Chelsea’s signings of the experienced Michael Ballack and Andriy
Shevchenko point towards a more Europe-orientated strategy.

“They’ve added two very experienced players to their squad and they’re talking
about signing Roberto Carlos. I think I can understand that in terms of their
European challenge or the European hopes they have,” Ferguson said yesterday
during United’s pre-season tour to South Africa.

The United manager cited the experience gained in the World Cup finals by Wayne
Rooney and Ronaldo as important for their development and that of the team.
Questions remain, though, as to whether Ronaldo will be at the club when the
Premiership season starts next month, having made clear his desire to move to
Real. There are questions, too, about how to replace Van Nistelrooy, who is
expected to move to Real for about £13 million but is also attracting renewed
interest from Bayern.

Ferguson has identified Fernando Torres, the young Spain forward, as the man to
replace Van Nistelrooy, but a first firm inquiry to Atlético Madrid on
Wednesday resulted in the confirmation that United may have to break the
British transfer record — the £31 million Chelsea paid AC Milan for Shevchenko
— to get him. Torres, 22, is Ferguson’s preferred choice, but he knows that the
United board cannot contemplate triggering the £41.5 million release clause in
the player’s contract and he is being forced to consider alternatives.

With Van Nistelrooy going, Ronaldo restless and the situation over the midfield
no closer to resolution — the long-running bid to sign Michael Carrick from
Tottenham Hotspur has been put on hold while United wait to discover whether a
player such as Patrick Vieira could be lured from Juventus after the Italian
club’s relegation — these are testing times for United.'

When you plan to have a bet - use Sporting Odds through us

 http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983
http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983

---------------------------------
[9] Zidane banned... but he's retired...
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
from Times

'IN A move that will be of interest to Britain’s more volatile footballers,
Fifa ruled yesterday that a head-butt is only £1,090 worse than insulting an
opponent’s sister. As the sport’s governing body attempted to draw a line under
the Zinédine Zidane saga, it also invited allegations of incompetence by
banning a player who has retired and then signing him up to work for it.
A disciplinary commission in Zurich heard Zidane and Marco Materazzi, the
player he assaulted in the World Cup final in Berlin on July 9, deny that the
Italy defender’s verbal provocation had been of a racist nature. However,
Materazzi admitted making defamatory remarks and was banned for two matches and
fined £2,170.

Zidane, the France captain, who was sent off after the incident in the second
half of extra time, was banned for three matches and fined £3,260. Having ended
his playing career after the final, which Italy won 5-3 on penalties, he has
agreed to do three days’ community work with children on one of Fifa’s
humanitarian projects. Both players apologised for their behaviour.

In issuing the verdict, there is a danger that Fifa has made a rod for its own
back, with cynical players having the option of pleading the Zidane defence if
found guilty of any act of violence. Materazzi, who appeared in front of a Fifa
panel last week, has said that he had abused Zidane with “one of those insults
you hear dozens of times and that often slips out on the pitch”.

Zidane countered that the defender had insulted his mother and his sister,
while Materazzi further reduced the debate to the level of the playground by
saying that Zidane’s mother had been spared. It was widely speculated that
Materazzi must have said something racist to have driven Zidane to such an act,
but such discussion ignored the former Real Madrid player’s disciplinary
record, which includes 14 red cards.

With Zidane refusing to state publicly what had been said, the aftermath of the
World Cup final descended into a guessing game that spawned wildly
contradictory explanations. Britain’s leading lipreader said that Materazzi had
called Zidane the “son of a terrorist whore”, while the BBC claimed that he had
wished “an ugly death” to the Frenchman and his family.

Materazzi claimed that he was too ignorant to know what “terrorist” meant,
while a cousin of Zidane added to the confusion by saying that the insult had
been “son of Harkis”, a reference to the Algerians who fought on the French
side in the war of independence.

Last week, Zidane appeared on French TV to apologise to the children who
watched the World Cup final, but he added a few ifs and buts. “They were very
hard words,” he said. “I am a man and some words are harder to hear than
actions. I would rather have taken a blow to the face than hear that.”

With Fifa’s authority increasingly a matter of debate, Sepp Blatter, the
president, scarcely helped matters by suggesting that Zidane could be stripped
of the Golden Ball, the trophy awarded to the World Cup’s best player.
Journalists had until midnight after the final to vote but still gave the award
to Zidane. Yesterday, Andreas Herren, a Fifa spokesman, dismissed that idea out
of hand. “This question was not raised by the commission,” he said.

Fifa also dismissed the lingering suspicion that the fourth official from
Spain, Luis Medina Cantalejo, had seen Zidane’s head-butt only on a television
monitor. The commission heard from Cantalejo and Horacio Elizondo, the
Argentine referee, yesterday.

“I would like to reiterate that the fourth official saw the incident with his
own eyes and did not see it on the monitor,” Herren said. “The fourth officials
are trained to see off-the-ball incidents and not just concentrate on the
action where the referee is involved. The regulations state they are to report
any violent incident to the referee.”

The Italian football federation, which is dealing with the domestic
match-fixing scandal at present, can appeal against Materazzi’s ban. If it does
not, he will miss the Euro 2008 qualifying fixture against France in September,
when Fifa’s zero tolerance on name-calling is likely to be tested to the limit.

---------------------------------
[8] The Best
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
The Best

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

M, L (28 inches high, 22 inches wide), XL (29 inches high, 24 inches wide) and
XXL sizes available

Just £15 inc p&p UK, £17 ROW - product code is, simply, BEST

You can order by sending a cheque to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG.

Alternatively you can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or
Solo - for any one or any number of the shirts/hoods via the fast, safe and
secure paypal.

Just make sure you enter the correct product code for each shirt/hoodie (listed
on the shop part of the site) when ordering, together with the size (if others
than extra large are available, check on each specific item if that is the
case) and the correct price - please fill in the price column online
accordingly. Prices includes postage and packing.

Click on

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+T-Shirts&item_number=RN+T-Shirts&cn=State+Product+Code+of+T-Shirt&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+T-Shirts&item_number=RN+T-Shirts&cn=State+Product+Code+of+T-Shirt&currency_code=GBP

---------------------------------
[7] Sportinglife on Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
'Real Madrid still face competition from Bayern Munich to sign Manchester
United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy, according to the German club's chairman
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

The Holland international is expected to leave Old Trafford in the next few
days, with United believed to be holding out for £15million after Real
reportedly failed with a £12million bid.

Van Nistelrooy is due back for pre-season training with United on Monday, but
Madrid's new coach Fabio Capello - who today signed Juventus pair Fabio
Cannavaro and Emerson - insisted: "We're trying to get him signed.

"Every club wants to bring in important players, but it's the players
themselves who have the final word."

However, Rummenigge still believes Bayern can agree a deal to take Van
Nistelrooy to the Allianz Arena.

Bayern are only willing to match Real's offer but Rummenigge is confident their
good relationship with United could sway the deal in their favour, with one
possibility being a player-plus-cash deal with England midfielder Owen
Hargreaves travelling in the opposite direction.

"There is a great relationship between the two clubs, and I know Van Nistelrooy
wants to come to Bayern," said Rummenigge.

"The chances (of him joining) are changing by the day, but we have not written
him off. Roy Makaay was signed in August a few years ago."

Speaking at Madrid's pre-season training camp in Austria, Capello could not
hide his delight at securing the services of 32-year-old Cannavaro and Emerson,
30, from his former club Juventus for a reported £13.7million.

"They are players we were going after. They're important to Real Madrid and
they are great team players," said Capello.

"They have experience and quality. They are competitive and their age doesn't
worry me at all.

"Any good footballer can continue without any problems until he's 35 years old."

Asked if Gianluca Zambrotta, another Juve man, would be the next man to agree
to a switch to the Bernabeu, Capello said: "He's a great player, but it looks
like he has already reached an agreement with Barcelona.

"But, we have Roberto Carlos and might bring in someone else, so we're not at
all worried."

Madrid's current transfer splurge is being bankrolled by new president Ramon
Calderon, with whom Capello says he has had constructive talks about the club's
future plans.

"We're taking care of business," said Capello.

"We had five goals, and two have been taken care of. Let's see if we can get
the rest taken care of. No hurry at all."

---------------------------------
[6] Norm book now for just £5.49 inc p&p!
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

My Memories of Manchester United by Norman Whiteside (published 2003) just
£5.49 INCLUDING postage and packing (rrp £14.99 - you save over £9!) through
Red News.

All prices are for UK, for Europe add £2 for each book, £4 for ROW

When ordering state Norman on product code

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Books&item_number=RN+Books&cn=Please+state+book+title%28s%29&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Books&item_number=RN+Books&cn=Please+state+book+title%28s%29&currency_code=GBP

---------------------------------
[5] Rossi on Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
""I am not really familiar with what is happening with Ruud. I just want to
concentrate on my own game and try to find a space in the first team squad. It
was great to be picked against Charlton because it was an important game we had
to win to get into the Champions League. Unfortunately, I didn't score but I am
sure that will come."

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10306273

 http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-795737-10357057 Up to 8Mbps Broadband
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[4] Rossi on playing for US
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
"I did have contact with the US squad. They asked me to play and I knew there
was an opportunity to get to the World Cup.  But I also knew if I took that
chance, I would never be able to play for Italy, which has been my dream
virtually since the day I was born.  I had to tell the USA the truth. I know it
will be far harder trying to get in the Italian national team than the United
States but I have absolutely no regrets about the option I have taken."

---------------------------------
[3] Rossi don't want to go out on loan
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
"I would prefer to stay and play. If you have to choose between all the teams
in The Premiership, the first one that pops into your head is Manchester
United.  I do need to get some experience in The Premiership. If that means I
have to go out on loan, then I will.  But if there is the chance to stay here
and play, that would be the ultimate. I have had two years in the reserves and
that is enough. I don't think another season at that level would be the best
thing for me at all."

---------------------------------
[2] Ex Reserve boss on Ole
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
Brondby coach Rene Meulensteen

"I would be more than happy in case I could bring Solskjaer. It would be
fantastic for the club. It won't happen now, but maybe later. He will try to
get back on United's first team."

---------------------------------
[1] Mourinho talks sale of Duff to Spurs
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 21, 2006 by ed:
''It is not true that Duff didn't play much last season - he played two more
games than the season before and was injured. I have an open relationship with
Duff and we have talked about all possibilities. He's a player I'm happy to
keep, not desperate to keep. I like Damien Duff as a player and a person."

do you reckon this is a bit of a dig?

"I've listened to him for a couple of hours and understand what is going
through his mind."

---------------------------------
[32] Champions League 2nd Qualifying games
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, July 20, 2006 by ed:
2006/07 UEFA Champions League
Second qualifying round draw
First leg: 25/26 July
Second leg: 1/2 August
NK Gorica (SLO) v       FC Steaua Bucuresti (ROM)
PFC Levski Sofia (BUL)  v       FC Sioni Bolnisi (GEO)
FC Zürich (SUI) v       SV Salzburg (AUT)
Djurgårdens IF (SWE)    v       MFK Ružomberok (SVK)
Debreceni VSC (HUN)     v       FK Rabotnicki (MKD)
Cork City FC (IRL)      v       FK Crvena Zvezda (SCG)
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR)     v       B36 Tórshavn (FAR)
FK Mladá Boleslav (CZE) v       Vålerenga IF (NOR)
FC Sheriff (MOL)        v       FC Spartak Moskva (RUS)
FHK Liepajas Metalurgs (LAT)    v       FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
FH Hafnarfjördur (ISL)  v       Legia Warszawa (POL)
FC København (DEN)      v       Myllykosken Pallo-47 (FIN)
FK Ekranas (LTU)        v       NK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
Heart of Midlothian FC (SCO)    v       NK Široki Brijeg (BHZ)

---------------------------------
[31] Fergie watched WC Final with Eric
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, July 20, 2006 by ed:
Fergie in South Africa last night.

Hi

Had a fantastic evening last night with Sir Alex, will give you a breakdown of
the evening –

The dinner was a benefit dinner for one of Fergie`s best friends who lives in
South Africa who has been battling with health problems in the last 2 years.

There was another function last night for players with Fergie and Bobby
Charlton speaking at but he left that one early to pay tribute to his friend,
he attended with his wife and close friends.

He spoke brilliantly with no speech cards but mainly about his early days in
Scotland as a player and a manager, later on in the night there was an
organized Q&A session.

He was asked various questions (nothing current or about new signings, although
a few shouts of TORRES were heard from the 700 strong crowd!!)

He said that Giggs and Scholes were 2 of the most naturally gifted footballers
he was never seen and worked with while he said although a great player Beckham
was a manufactured player, due to his hours and hours of practice and
dedication.

He also spoke a lot about Cantona and his love for United, he said he was with
him in Berlin for the WC Final and Cantona was asking him about youth and
reserve team players that were coming through the ranks.

After dinner he was very accommodating with autographs and pictures, I was
lucky enough to get a shot with him which I have attached.

Regards

Ilan

(pic can be seen at  http://manunitedfans.blogspot.com/
http://manunitedfans.blogspot.com/)

---------------------------------
[30] Chinese view on Dong
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, July 20, 2006 by ed:
China coach Zhu Guanghu

"I am very pleased that Manchester United have recognised Dong's ability as he
is a very talented player. I know that he is capable of performing at a high
level and it would be a great honour for him to play for Manchester United in
the English Premier League.
 However, our government does not allow dual nationality and since Dong is an
important member of the team that we are preparing for the 2008 Olympics, I
don't think that he would give up his Chinese nationality in order to get a
passport in Europe."

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/512755/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11);document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=19134&a=608750&g=512755
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');

---------------------------------
[29] Old, old story
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, July 20, 2006 by ed:
Famous Russian goalkeeper Victor Chanov (47 years old now) says in 1986 United
made an offer for him but it was rejected.

 http://football.sport.com.ua/news.phtml?id=16222
http://football.sport.com.ua/news.phtml?id=16222

Vadim
Moscow Reds

---------------------------------
[28] Bayern back in hunt for Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, July 20, 2006 by ed:
from Sky

'Bayern Munich insist that Ruud van Nistelrooy wants to join them ahead of Real
Madrid and the Dutchman's agent admits a move to Germany is still very much an
option.

Bayern and Real are leading the chase for the Dutch international, who is all
set to leave Manchester United after five years at Old Trafford.

The Spanish giants thought they had concluded a deal earlier this week, but
United rebuffed that bid - which maintained Bayern's hope of sealing a swoop.

Bayern Munich's chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge remains confident of
luring the Dutchman to Germany

"He wants to joins us," insisted Rummenigge when asked about Real's bid.

Van Nistelrooy's agent Rodger Linse insisted Bayern are very much still an
option for him.

"Bayern are certainly a very good opportunity and we are now keen to make a
quick decision, possibly in the next couple of days," Linse told Kicker.'

---------------------------------
[27] Club letter to Supporters' Club Branches
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, July 20, 2006 by ed:
Announcement regarding Ticket allocations for Official supporters clubs Season
2006/07

I am aware that a number of Supporters clubs have made contact with us over the
last couple of weeks regarding the Ticketing arrangements for the coming season
and I would like to take this opportunity to provide you with an update.

You may have seen recently in the press that the club announced record Season
Ticket sales taking the number from 42,000 to over 50,000 and in light of this
the club have created a new 1 year Season Ticket plan.

Clearly the number of Season Tickets we are processing has an impact on the
number of tickets available on a match by match basis many supporters clubs
have purchased additional books and have reduced their standing order of
tickets accordingly.

We have been inundated with requests from One United members and are continuing
to accept applications. It is strongly recommended that Supporters clubs
communicate this message to their branch members who still have the opportunity
to apply for a Season ticket before the start of the season.

In order for us to calculate the number of tickets we can allocate supporters
clubs we request that a full list of valid One United members associated to
your club is forwarded to Colin as soon as possible. This request was made some
time ago but unfortunately less than 20% responded.

Clearly the first game of the Season is now only 5 weeks away and we have
started to take applications for the Fulham game. If you would like to submit
an application then please do so in the normal manner using last seasons ticket
application forms listing the number of valid One United members you are
applying for.

Finally, ticket arrangements for Domestic away games will continue as in
previous seasons and we will be shortly be writing to those Season Ticket
holders who have been upgraded into the Loyalty Pot. Further information
regarding away tickets will follow this letter shortly.'

---------------------------------
[27] Fergie after Tuesdays game on Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, July 20, 2006 by ed:
"The situation is this: the player has said he wants to leave. The chief
executive of the club, David Gill, is looking into the matter. Bayern Munich
and Real Madrid have both shown interest in him."

---------------------------------
[26] Buffon to stay at Juve
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, July 20, 2006 by ed:
Reuters

'Italy's World Cup-winning goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has decided to stay at
Juventus despite the club being ordered to start next season in Italy's second
division, the player's agent said on Wednesday.

'Gigi is going to stay at Juventus. This is the decision he has taken. He's
prepared to play in Serie B,' Silvano Martina told Italian radio news agency
GRT.

'Juventus don't intend to sell him and he has told them he is prepared to stay.'

"If Juventus want to keep me I will not have a problem playing in Serie B"

For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/GtUolB/TM