RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[15] Keane after his testimonial
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
"I’m very fortunate to have played for Sir Alex, and the manager will be the
first to tell you that the staff that were there had a big role to play too:
Brian Kidd, Steve McClaren, Jimmy Ryan, Mickey Phelan, Carlos Queiroz, Walter
Smith. I always felt part of it, always felt that they were there to provide
the best for the team, and it was a privilege.  When I was first at the club, I
would see Robbo and Brucey having a cup of tea with the manager before
training. I never had that relationship, I didn’t see that we needed it. If
something had to be said, I would say it. People might have said that he gave
me a free rein, but it was something that came naturally to me anyway. I would
have done the same things, because it’s about doing what’s right for the team.
The manager always did what was right for the club, and I always tried to do
what was right for the club."

Booking a train ticket?

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/js/101842/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11); document.write('');

Red News are pleased to recommend a local marketing and design company who can
do anything from a few flyers and stationery to full marketing strategies and
stunning photography. visit:  http://www.touchmarketing.co.uk
http://www.touchmarketing.co.uk - they even offer special rates for Red News
readers.

Red News has started selling goods in its own Shop on e.bay - spread the word!

 http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RedNewsShop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RedNewsShop

great original t-shirts  http://www.sumosam.co.uk/ http://www.sumosam.co.uk/

---------------------------------
[14] Telegraph talk Ruud deal
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
'Manchester United are ready to place a £15 million price tag on Ruud van
Nistelrooy after the Dutch striker last night informed the club that he wants
to leave.

Van Nistelrooy, who arrived at United in a £19 million move from PSV Eindhoven
in 2001, has seen his hugely successful spell at Old Trafford turn sour in
recent months.

He was omitted from the Carling Cup final starting line-up and then manager Sir
Alex Ferguson decided to send him home hours before the club's final game of
last season against Charlton following an alleged training-ground confrontation
with Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ferguson, who is in South Africa preparing for today's pre-season friendly
against Orlando Pirates in Durban, admitted that Van Nistelrooy has now made it
clear that he wants to end his five-season stint at Old Trafford.

Ferguson said: "There may be some interest from Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
I am waiting for chief executive David Gill to fill me in, but Ruud has asked
away."

Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are ready to move for Van Nistelrooy, who still
has two years left on his United contract. Real are ready to test United's
resolve with a £10 million offer for the player, who has yet to return to Old
Trafford since his exit two months ago.

Van Nistelrooy's agent, Roger Linse, was understood to be in Manchester
yesterday to discuss the out-of-favour forward's future with Gill and although
United are ready to grant Van Nistelrooy's wish for a transfer, he has been
told that he will not be allowed to leave Old Trafford on the cheap.

Despite Van Nistelrooy's miserable World Cup campaign with Holland, for whom he
scored just one goal, and his acrimonious end to last season, United are still
determined to receive the full market value for him, having seen Chelsea spend
more than £30 million on the 29-year-old Andrei Shevchenko.

Ferguson has confirmed that goalkeeper Ben Foster, who was named as stand-by
for England's World Cup squad, will spend a second season on loan at Watford as
a £3 million move for West Bromwich Albion's Tomasz Kusczak is close to
completion.'

---------------------------------
[13] West Brom on goalie
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace

"We've had talks but absolutely nothing has been agreed. We've said throughout
the close season that it's our intention to hold on to key members of the
first-team squad."

---------------------------------
[12] Fergie on South Africa tour
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
"I came here in 1993 with one or two unknown players. One of them was David
Beckham. People may not know some of the players who are on this trip now. But
they will do in five years' time."

---------------------------------
[11] Fergie on Scholes
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
"Paul Scholes is back - it is as simple as that. It doesn't matter who I am
thinking about bringing into my midfield, Paul Scholes will be included, as he
would in any side in the world. He is a fantastic footballer and without
question Paul can still have a massive impact on the Premiership. I am
delighted to have him back. What he experienced last year was a worry because
it was the type of injury we had no knowledge of. We didn't really know how it
happened, therefore we were a bit anxious about it. But, as we got to the end
of the season, he started to improve and now he is 100%. He has come through
every training session so far. He is only 31 and he still has a good few years
ahead of him."

---------------------------------
[10] United wanted me
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
Vladimir Stojkovic

"Manchester United wanted me but the transfer did not materialise for different
reasons. Other English clubs were also following me but I was not interested in
them. I am very happy to be in Nantes, here I will be given the opportunity to
show my qualities."

Open a range of betting accounts and compare odds and get free starting bets
when you sign up

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10360205
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-795737-5966119

 http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-795737-10295995  Have a Free £25 bet on totesport

 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-795737-10351781
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[9] Guillem Balague of SKY
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
says Madrid may offer Gravesen plus cash for Ruud

---------------------------------
[8] Heinze - I stay
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
"Manchester United and the manager stood by me when I had a knee injury last
season and couldn't play and, if they want me to continue, that is what I will
do. I've heard about the interest in me from Spain and I'm proud to hear a club
like Real Madrid are thinking of me. It's a great compliment and would make any
professional happy."

---------------------------------
[7] Red News Summer Mag 126 out on Monday
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
Red News Summer Edition. RN 126. Available July 17th.

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

To order click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

5 Red News' from last season for JUST £5 INCLUDING p&p in UK... £9 ROW...

Order here - product code 5OFFER

To order a single copy click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

Subscribe to Red News.

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

NEW UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

Back Issues

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm

---------------------------------
[6] Ruud out, Defoe in?
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
SUN and Mirror say Ruud will join Real Madrid, and the Mirror suggest we've
made a formal bid (once again), for Defoe.

---------------------------------
[5] Phil Nev on the two Rons
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
"At the end of the day, I think Wayne did deserve to be sent off. It's a World
Cup quarter final, high pressure, and these things happen. You do what's best
for your own country. I don't think there's a problem between Wayne and
Cristiano. It's just something the press like to build up between them both
because of the club they play for. The press like to cause problems. If it had
been any other player asking the referee to send the player off, I don't think
it would have been a problem."

Lee Sharpe's book now in paperback, just £3.99!

---------------------------------
[4] Fletcher's pre-season hopes
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
"Pre-season is where you like to make your mark and catch the manager's eye
because that can lead to a successful campaign. There will be a few younger
players on this tour and I am now one of the more experienced in the squad, so
I've got a lot of responsibility. The whole ethos of the club is to bring
through young players, though. Our boys will be coming back with not so many
first-team players around, so there is an opportunity for them to be starting
more games than expected. They need to take full advantage of South Africa -
and so do I."

---------------------------------
[3] Latest Champions League seedings for next season
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, July 15, 2006 by ed:
Pot 1                          coef.     Pot 2                          coef.
------------------------ --- -------     ------------------------ --- -------
FC Barcelona (TH)        Esp 127.006     Valencia ***             Esp  95.006
AC Milan                 Ita 129.020     Olympique Lyon           Fra  89.757
Real Madrid              Esp 120.006     FC Porto                 Por  87.533
Internazionale ***       Ita 112.020     PSV Eindhoven            Ned  81.640
Juventus                 Ita 107.020     Bayern München           Ger  80.960
Liverpool ***            Eng 105.950     Chelsea                  Eng  79.950
Arsenal ***              Eng 101.950     Ajax ***                 Ned  60.640
Manchester United        Eng 100.950     Celtic                   Sco  60.023

Pot 3                          coef.     Pot 4                          coef.
------------------------ --- -------     ------------------------ --- -------
Lille OSC ***            Fra  54.757     AEK Athens ***           Gre  39.587
Sporting CP Lisbon       Por  54.533     Anderlecht               Bel  38.981
Benfica ***              Por  51.533     Dinamo Kiev **           Ukr  36.777
Girondins Bordeaux       Fra  47.757     Levski Sofia **          Bul  35.016
Steaua Bucuresti **      Rom  46.381     Shakhtar Donetsk ***     Ukr  33.777
Werder Bremen            Ger  43.960     Galatasaray ***          Tur  33.634
Olympiakos Piraeus       Gre  43.587     Hamburger SV ***         Ger  30.960
CSKA Moscow ***          Rus  42.504     Slovan Liberec ***       Cze  28.769

The eight group-winners and eight runners-up of the group stage qualify for the
second round. The clubs that finish this stage in third position in their group
move into the third round of the current UEFA Cup. The clubs that finish this
stage in fourth position in their group are eliminated.

The draw for the 2nd round takes the following rules into account:
a) Clubs from the same association must not be drawn against each other,
b) The winners and runners-up of the same group must not be drawn against each
other,
c) The group winners must not be drawn against each other,
d) The runners up must not be drawn against each other,
e) The runners up must play the first leg at home.
The group winners are seeded above the runners-up.

---------------------------------
[2] Norman Whiteside... for just £5.99 AND postage paid!
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 14, 2006 by ed:

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

My Memories of Manchester United by Norman Whiteside (published 2003) just
£5.99 INCLUDING postage and packing (rrp £14.99 - you save £9!) through Red
News.

All prices are for UK, for Europe add £2 for each book, £4 for ROW

When ordering state Norman on product code

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Books&item_number=RN+Books&cn=Please+state+book+title%28s%29&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Books&item_number=RN+Books&cn=Please+state+book+title%28s%29&currency_code=GBP

---------------------------------
[1] Evra wants to adapt
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 14, 2006 by ed:
"Over the past few months I've learned the style of play at United. I think
that it was difficult because I've got my own style of play. It's not up to
everyone else to suit my style of play, I've got to adapt to everyone else and
I think that I've gradually been doing that."

---------------------------------
[10] Proper player power
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 14, 2006 by ed:
Aston Villa players release statement about how unhappy they are with Deadly
Doug

"People talk about Aston Villa being a big club and winning the European Cup in
1982. We feel it should be a big club, but if the chairman has got ambition, he
needs to start showing it. It has to come from the top. So many other clubs are
doing so much to show their ambition apart from us. As players we're all
ambitious and we want to improve on last season. The chairman should be behind
the club and not working against what we're trying to achieve. There have been
a series of cutbacks and we feel we have to mention this because they are now
starting to affect us. At the end of last season, the chairman refused to pay
£300 for the pitches to be watered. The training ground development, which we
were all looking forward to working in, has stopped. Now we have lost a masseur
because the club refuse to pay for one and are clubbing together to pay for our
own. We have also heard that the physio, who was on his way to see Martin
Laursen, could not claim back for a cup of coffee at the airport We've had no
explanation for the cutbacks and we feel if the manager can't get one, then we
have no chance. Maybe the chairman thought he would have left by now because of
the takeover. Supporters are concerned with what happens on the pitch and
rightly so. But we feel with all the cutbacks, it is difficult to attain the
targets we all share. In the second half of last season, there was no
investment in the team. A loan player - Eirik Bakke - was sent back to Leeds
and now we're unable to sign James Milner from Newcastle. There are no
positives coming out of the club. We need to see a plan where the club is going
and all the players feel the same. Every penny is being watched."

Ipod shuffle

The Men in Black - paperback edition out this month

---------------------------------
[9] Bolton to seal Fortune switch
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 14, 2006 by ed:
Sam Allardyce

"Quinton would be a top player for us if he stays fit. He has committed to our
training regime to prove his fitness. I'm hopeful we'll sign him permanently."

---------------------------------
[8] Fergie nears Tomasz Kuszczak purchase
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 14, 2006 by ed:
"We are in the process of tying up a deal with Kuszczak from West Brom. He has
Premier League experience and he'll be number two to Van der Sar."

Ben Foster will return back to Watford on loan after the SA tour

"We have an agreement with Watford that the boy goes back for the full year"

---------------------------------
[7] BBC on Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 14, 2006 by ed:
'Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has asked to leave Manchester United. United
boss Sir Alex Ferguson said the 30-year-old wanted an Old Trafford exit after
arriving in Durban for the start of the club's pre-season.

"There may be some interest from Real Madrid and Bayern Munich," Ferguson said
on Friday.

"I am waiting for Manchester United chief executive David Gill to fill me in
but Ruud van Nistelrooy has asked to leave the club."

Van Nistelrooy found first-team chances hard to come by in the second half of
last season and rumours of a rift with Ferguson grew when the Dutch striker
left the ground before United's last game.

The stumbling block to his move could be the fee.

Real are thought to be ready to offer £10m, but United are reported to want
£15m.

However, the news that Brazilian striker Ronaldo will miss the start of the
season as he recovers from knee surgery could force the Spanish club's hand.

Meanwhile, Bayern are ready to speak to United, with club chairman Karl-Heinz
Rummenigge saying: "The player wants to come to us we know that.

"Now we will approach the thing with all calm.

"We have to speak with the player and naturally with Manchester United but
there are no grounds for haste."

Van Nistelrooy was a £19m signing from PSV Eindhoven in 2001 and has scored 150
goals in 218 appearances.'

---------------------------------
[6] Thanks for your patience
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 14, 2006 by ed:
Whilst the Ed was away. He's now back and our great, full, not beaten,
extensive news service will revv up during the weekend and return in true glory
as of Monday. Thanks for your support and understanding that Red News needed a
break!

---------------------------------
[5] Sylvian Blake moves to Plymouth for £200,000
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 14, 2006 by ed:
from sky

'Plymouth manager Ian Holloway has signed Manchester United striker Sylvan
Ebanks-Blake for a fee of £200,000.

The 20-year-old has agreed a three-year contract at Home Park and will link up
with his new team-mates prior to a pre-season friendly with Grays on Saturday.

The club, with Ebanks-Blake now in tow, will then depart for Austria on a
week-long training camp, and Holloway is delighted to wrap up what he believes
will prove to be an 'absolute bargain'.

"I'm very, very pleased," said Holloway. "He's someone I have been monitoring
for some time as he has got power, pace and is hungry to make a reputation.

"I am as excited about having him here as he is about coming.

"I just want him to enjoy his football and, for £200,000, he is an absolute
bargain. We have been quoted half a million for players of his age who aren't
as good.

"He's a fantastic player and a fantastic young man which, for me, is more
important than all his other attributes."

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2051413-10294323

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[4] Italy faces up to big team sanctions
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 14, 2006 by ed:
from Reuters

'A tribunal in charge of an Italian soccer match-fixing trial has ordered top
clubs Juventus, Fiorentina and Lazio to be relegated with points penalties to
the second division Serie B, the Italian Football Federation said on Friday.

The federation also said the tribunal had ruled that AC Milan would stay in
Serie A but their points total from last season would be reduced by 44
effectively ruling them out of next season's Champions League.

Milan will also start next season with a 15 point penalty.'

---------------------------------
[3] Ruud to go
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, July 14, 2006 by ed:
Fergie

"There may be some interest from Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. I am waiting
for (chief executive) David Gill to fill me in, but Ruud has asked to leave."

[2] Fergie predicts signings
Posted Friday, July 14, 2006 by ed:
"Hopefully something will happen in the next couple of weeks. We always knew it
would be after the World Cup"

For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/GtUolB/TM