On Nov 23, 4:56 pm, Martin Rubey <martin.ru...@math.uni-hannover.de>
wrote:
> Jaap Spies <j.sp...@hccnet.nl> writes:
> > Ever heard of the word humor? Even without a smiley this is possible in
> > a message.
>
> I, as a german speaking, can see no humor in that post you link to.

I guess I didn't either.  In the overall context of the post, the
statement
seemed to be made in anger.

> That said, I would like to make it clear that in no way I endorse
> software patents, or as a matter of fact, any patents at all.

I understand this sentiment and at times share in the frustration
arising
from software restrictions.  As a practical matter, however, I
generally
use whatever software seems best suited for *me* to whatever
particular
problem at hand. Part of the question I am posing (which I think is
relevant to sage development) is "how does Sage expand its user
base to include many people (like myself) who don't feel
philosophically
bound to open source"?  Sage cannot expand to the 10^6 level by
alienating these types of users.

Mark