On 08/17/10 12:24 AM, William Stein wrote:

I would rather have a windows port than not having a Windows port.
Problems may be created as a result.   But since Cephes is only used
on Windows, the problems will be less than the current problem which
is that Sage doesn't work at all on Windows.

I think Peter Jeremy is intending using Cephes on FreeBSD. I think there will be more people willing and able to debug Cephes than SYMPOW.

To maintain SYMPOW, you need a skill set very few people process.

Dave