Morning Marshall,

>> At 09:17 AM 4/14/2008, you wrote:
One can overdose on both A and D if taking too much of them.

Likewise I can overdose on Watermelon, String Beans, and even home made ice cream.

  The key words are "too much".

Too much, too little, not enough, are all fuzzy logic terms and cannot be defined by ordinary means.

Eat a few Cobra Livers and likely you will never need to worry about D again.

Due to a flaw in history, lack of knowledge by doctors and scientists, or the general lack of knowledge back in the 1920's. About 1922 was when it was discovered and named a vitamin.

This error continues to this very day. A complex hormone called a Vitamin ! Why this continues in a good question.

As you likely know, it is much closer to the hormones than it is to the definition of a vitamin.

I think it is essential to thousands of functions within the body.

As I have pointed out, my many friends with back problems, disk problems, bone problems all have one thing in common. All of them.

They have never worked a day in their life,  In The Sun, with their shirt off.

I see many pale faced young people, and if they do not take D supplements, their health is Doomed.
No question about it.  ( older people also )

Likely they believe the mainstream and have all their life.  Too Bad.

A few years ago, I added full spectrum lights to 4 locations.
Two Work Benches
My office
The Kitchen

and........ I think I felt better in 3 days.  ( This was done in Feb. )

The weather channel has had a number of spots that said,
" The Kids should play in the Shade, Not in the Sun".

The Real Question....... "Why are so many people Sick" ?

Simple Answer, 99 Percent of everything we have been told in our life is a LIE !
A carefully planned LIE.  And the masses believe all of it.  So be it !

Often people quote one of the mainstream lies.

I ask them, ......... "What else do they say that you believe" ?

It is my understanding there are two chemical forms of vitamin D, namely vitamin D2 (sometimes referred to as ergocalciferol) and vitamin D3 (sometimes referred to a cholecalciferol). The natural form of vitamin D for animals and man is vitamin D3 that is produced in their bodies from cholesterol and 7-dehydrocholesterol. An alternative vitamin D2 is derived from the yeast sterol ergosterol by chemical procedures.

So, ........... if you cannot get enough sun, for whatever reason, the get some D from Someplace.

Are we talking about Sick People or Healthy people ? Not many healthy people exist. Some may not be able to make D, even when they get the sun. So, ........ supplements may be in
order and the best bet.

Once the body chemistry is impaired for any reason, then thousands of problems are the result.

I don't know all the answers, but I know a lot of the problems and the questions.

By the way, taking a shower before going into the sun and / or one afterwards is a disaster.
But many people do it.  This can effect the D production by the body.

Wayne