I would decant into the final vessel and stop just before the sludge starts
pouring out.
I do not believe the floaters at the top should be a problem
Also make sure you wipe and clean your electrodes even mid cycle so that the
sludge is at a minimum
If you're excessively creating sludge then you may wish to lower your current a
bit.  I would go no higher than 1ma per square inch squared maximum.
For example I brew with a 6 inch squared surface area and I brew at 2.5 ma
roughly with constant current control. And it doesn't turn yellow, however
whenever I approach 1ma per square inch squared then the liquid will colour
slightly towards amber.

Sent from my iPhone