Hi Chris,
I'd better establish first that I am not criticising those bells and whistle
units, just my choice not to use one.  I get into trouble quite easily
regarding my personal viewpoints on here <g>.  I had considered having a go at
making one of those, but decided not to.

I can't recommend any particular unit cos I make my own units {not for sale
though, just for family members} and I include a small resistor to
limit/control current.  When I walk away from my setup I take a timer with me
so when it goes off at the 30 minute mark I am straight back to the setup to
clean the electrodes and swap them over manually to maintain even wear on both
electrodes.
When brewing ANY volume over 250-300ml { a drinking glass} I ALWAYS use my home
made magnetic stirrer.  A form of stirring method is of utmost importance to me
for any volume over and above that amount, and I will ONLY use a magnetic
stirrer, not a bubbler or whatever else people use, that's just my personal and
preferred choice of stirring method {possible introduction of contaminants into
the solution from the atmosphere, besides, I'm either making toast or smoking
while in production <g>}.
Time is dependant on several things so that is not a major concern, however,
I'm not prepared to wait that long, but again, that's personal preference.
I usually produce just over 1 litre to 1200ml {believe that's around 33.8 US
ounces or more} at a time and it takes around 1 1/2 to 2 hours using either a 4
electrode setup or a two loop electrode setup.  My solution can sometimes turn
yellow after being in storage for a time, but that doesn't phase me...*AT ALL*.
 The thing I place most importance on is visual observation of solution over
days/weeks or months whilst in storage and NEVER detecting anything laying on
the bottom of the storage vessel, or floating on the water surface, or anything
else doing water aerobics in the solution.
I just wipe my storage vessel out with paper towel and it's good to go for the
next brew.  Occasionally I THINK I can see a minute discolouration on paper
towel, can't be precise about that cos it's so minimal that it could be just
silver which has collected on any impurities like fibres or something which had
been present in the DW from manufacture, or has fell in from the atmosphere
whilst brewing and the weight has pulled it to the bottom {vessel is not sealed
while brewing}.  I don't consider this as coming from the production process
itself, more it's silver ions collected among those fine fibres or whatever.
Whatever it is, it's hardly distinguishable which is different from what others
say about decanting or leaving it behind in the vessel, I *never* get that.
The time frame you refer to is probly quite normal, it just doesn't suit me
that's all.
Remember, anything I say is my personal opinion only {not advice} when it comes
to EIS production <g>.  Everybody to their own with regard to this subject.
There are folk here who are far more savvy about this game than me.  I do
things my own way from MUCH published material I have studied over the
years...Not forgetting, that includes some information from those who are very
savvy here I hasten to add <g>.
N.