Ken wrote:
>  Iron is not generally a health problem. In most of it's forms, it's not
> very bioavailable. The well water around here is sometimes brown with
> iron and has caused no problems in all the hundreds of years of people
> drinking it ...except for staining the laundry and sinks etc and tasting
> nasty.

I suppose that's true, however we men have a particular problem with
stored iron from our diet, and any additional intake is likely to
aggravate the situation. Post-menopausal women will also start storing
more iron than they need.

Giving blood regularly will gradually lower blood ferritin levels,
which is an indirect measure of stored iron levels.

Be well,

Mike D.