Jackie answered me:

i dont believe instigation can make someone lose the ability to choose whether they can say yes or no.
I see.  Well, I do believe it is possible for that to happen in extreme cases (i.e., cults, blackmail, extortion), but I concede that in most cases what instigation does is lower the "energy barrier" (to borrow a chemistry concept) to the bad action.  That is, "Tom" would be more likely to have an affair with a "Jen" who is actively trying to seduce him than he would be if she were not.  Also, some drugs can remove the ability to avoid bad choices, which is the main reason they're dangerous.

---Lowell