One other item to consider.......we do a lot of product work as well.
Most we choose to stick with MR. Because of Arnold's transparency issues.

The point being, use the best tool, why not have multiple renderers if one (MR)
comes with Soft? They have different looks/capabilities for sure.
Pick what's best

Sent from my iPhone