Maybe blender can go right to USD ;)

________________________________
From: Gerbrand Nel [nagv...@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 January 2016 02:34 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Redshift users?

Are you using blender only, or other apps with blender?
I ask because I'm always looking for ways to get my work into blender, to use
cycles as my main render.
At the moment I use mdd cache for animation with no topology change, and a
script called meshfoot for things like liquids or other changing topology geo.
Cameras are also a real pain, but I have a workaround for that from houdini.
particles and volumes I still render in mantra.
Cant wait for blender to get alembic and openVDB