Roland,

 

If the structural members extended down below the insulation, but no further
than 4", would you still consider it unobstructed?  More than 4" -
obstructed?

 

Ed Kramer

Bamford Fire Sprinkler

 

 

From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:[email protected]]
On Behalf Of Roland Huggins
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 4:40 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Ceiling of trusses and insulation - Character set not allowed

 

Valid picture.  I was picturing COMPLETELY filled channels.    If the
structural members extend below the insulation, the it is part of the
ceiling.  IF not, its effectively the same as a gyp ceiling.

 

 

Roland Huggins, PE - VP Engineering

American Fire Sprinkler Assn.       ---      Fire Sprinklers Saves Lives

Dallas, TX

http://www.firesprinkler.org <http://www.firesprinkler.org/> 

 

 

 

On Nov 22, 2016, at 1:49 PM, Travis Mack <[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> > wrote:

 

I was picturing this as the bottom chords would be visible in the space.
That was why I voted for 130 sq ft max. 

Travis Mack, SET

MFP Design, LLC

 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to