John McKerrell wrote:

>On 22 Sep 2009, at 17:44, malenki wrote:
>
>> | There was an error saving your changes
>>
>Odd, I'll take a look, can you paste the URL to the thumbnail to help
>me identify it?

Impossible at the moment, OSV looks like this both in opera and firefox:
http://omploader.org/vMmVxeA

>> It would be nice to have p...@openstreetmap.org on gmane.
>I'm not actually sure what you mean by this, is it something I need
>to set up for the pho...@openstreetmap.org mailing list?

Gmane is a mail-2-nntp-gateway. Just ask there to do the service for
your mailing list. It is more comfortable than a ML on its own - tha
is, for quite some people. :)
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gmane

>> For moderating photos:
>> 1) It would be handy to be able to see the pictures in full
>> resolution since its a difference if a car with licence plate is
>> photographed with
>> a 320x240 cam of a mobile phone or with a 12MP SLR. The thumbnails
>> aren't much helpful there.
>Currently you see the image at max 1024 width/height,

Yes, when I click "Mask", even if I don't know/am not sure if there has
to be something masked. Maybe it is an option to display one file after
another at 1024x? or to show thumbnails bigger as they are now.

>that's the biggest that is available, I recommend that you use a
>judgement call and mask out things if there's potential for them to be
>visible

Did so after I found out.

>> Are there kinds of pictures you would not like to see on your server?
>I suppose photos of the ground might be used as part of a 3D model
>but in general if it really does just look like a bit of gravel or
>completely sky then it's probably not useful. I'd say we don't want
>indoors photos, photos that are mainly inside a car or where the GPS
>is taking up most of the picture....

sounds reasonable

>that said, we will need to allow photos of GPSes to be uploaded when
>we do server-side geotagging (i.e. uploading traces).

Why is that? (maybe just because of my sometimes insufficient
english..?)

malenki