On 23 Sep 2009, at 20:16, malenki wrote:

John McKerrell wrote:

On 22 Sep 2009, at 17:44, malenki wrote:

| There was an error saving your changes

Odd, I'll take a look, can you paste the URL to the thumbnail to help
me identify it?

Impossible at the moment, OSV looks like this both in opera and firefox:
http://omploader.org/vMmVxeA

I *think* that's how your own user homepage looks when you haven't uploaded any images, just click on the "OpenStreetView" on the top left to hit the real homepage (yes, this should be renamed).

For moderating photos:
1) It would be handy to be able to see the pictures in full
resolution since its a difference if a car with licence plate is
photographed with
a 320x240 cam of a mobile phone or with a 12MP SLR. The thumbnails
aren't much helpful there.
Currently you see the image at max 1024 width/height,

Yes, when I click "Mask", even if I don't know/am not sure if there has to be something masked. Maybe it is an option to display one file after
another at 1024x? or to show thumbnails bigger as they are now.

rasher on IRC suggested this too so I'll probably go with it when I get time to do it, here's the mock-up he suggested, feel free to add your own suggestions:
        http://osm.jonash.dk/temp/osv-mock.png

that said, we will need to allow photos of GPSes to be uploaded when
we do server-side geotagging (i.e. uploading traces).

Why is that? (maybe just because of my sometimes insufficient
english..?)

Often it's a good idea to take a photo of your GPS so that you can accurately geotag your photos. It means that even if your camera time and your GPS time are out by a few seconds you can fix this by typing in the time shown in the photo. Actually this would probably be useful whether we're doing server-side geotagging or not.

John