Hi,

On 04/26/2013 09:44 AM, Robert Banick wrote:
As a cartographic project, isn't the whole point of OSM visual?

Certainly not. But you should have known that - I have read your recent tweets and you talk about using the iD editor in training people to contribute to OSM. There would not be any reason to use something as complex as a map editor if the point was only visual! If you train people how to map then you will tell them things like "be careful to properly link roads and not just place nodes near each other" - something that would be irrelevant if we were just painting a nice map.

Bye
Frederik