Hi Ali (Allie?),

on Tuesday, September 28, 1999, 7:19:15 PM, Ali Martin wrote:

>> Does it allow you to use variables, like "initials of the sender of
>> the origianal post", or does it allow you to user-define a fixed string
>> of characters to replace the "greater than"? If it allow you to use
>> variables that are sensitive to where this quote was copied/pasted
>> from, then I'm wrong.

AM> Perhaps these two examples using Agent will clear things up for you. I
AM> have defined my own quote prefixes.

AM> <example> Does it allow you to use variables, like "initials of the sender of

AM> or

^%>>|  Does it allow you to use variables, like "initials of the sender of

AM> You see, you may define anything you like. :))))

Nice, I like it ;-) However, it is a fixed string, not an
"intelligent" option. So, using the initials (or any other information
from the original text file) would not be possible. Or can you make
Agent prefixing my message with "TF:-)" if you use the copy/paste
function? And, automatically, your own messages with "AM :^)"  - I
didn't think so.

Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.36 Beta/4
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.