Monday, September 27, 1999, 11:42:26 PM, Thomas wrote:
> And yes, I think it would be nice to be able to change the quote mark
> from the standard "greater than" to any character or string you like.

    This would be bad since it would break many other clients.  TB, for
example, uses that character as a signal to color the quote line differently.
Other applications to the same thing.  TB also knows that lines that have > in
the first few characters are quotes and will wrap them correctly.  Other
applications do this as well.  Allowing the user to choose a quote character
willy-nilly breaks that de-facto standard across the board.