Hi Allie,

on Tuesday, September 28, 1999, 10:28:06 AM, Allie Martin wrote:

AM>  I remember some time ago I'd brought up the fact that the 'paste as
AM>  quote' prefixing was inappropriately fixed to a '>' especially since
AM>  many of us use the senders initials as parts of our quote prefixes.

AM>  I was just perusing my newsreader, Forte Agent, which I know has a
AM>  'paste as quote option'. It was recently upgraded to version 1.6. I was
AM>  intrigued when I saw below the 'paste as quote option', another option
AM>  called 'paste as quote custom..". I tried it and to my surprise a
AM>  dialog box pops up upon executing the command, prompting me to type in
AM>  the desired quote prefix and viola, my custom quote prefix is there.
AM>  Now isn't that nice?

Two different things, Allie: your earlier proposal was that the quotes
should show the original sender's initial's; what you describe Agent
is doing, is giving you the option to choose a fixed set of characters
as a quote mark, regardless of who the sender is. I don't use Agent;
kindly correct me if I'm mistaken.

And yes, I think it would be nice to be able to change the quote mark
from the standard "greater than" to any character or string you like.

Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.36 Beta/4
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.