Hi all,

On Tuesday, September 28, 1999, 6:00:10 AM (-5 GMT), Thomas scribbled:

> The "reply" function will be a TB specific module anyway, as opposed
> to a Windows function available to all Windows programmers. Thus, the
> wheel was not re-invented.

Exactly. This is why I conceded that making the copy/paste quote
prefixing was the best as it could be. An 'intelligent' quote prefixing
system that could tell the dfference between text copied from TB mail
from text copied remotely would be impractical. :)

AM>> Agent has, not only a 'paste as quote' option which pastes text
AM>> with the default quote prefix, but also a 'paste as quote custom.."
AM>> option which allows you to define whatever quote prefix you like.

> Does it allow you to use variables, like "initials of the sender of
> the origianal post", or does it allow you to user-define a fixed string
> of characters to replace the "greater than"? If it allow you to use
> variables that are sensitive to where this quote was copied/pasted
> from, then I'm wrong.

Perhaps these two examples using Agent will clear things up for you. I
have defined my own quote prefixes.

<example> Does it allow you to use variables, like "initials of the sender of
<example> the origianal post", or does it allow you to user-define a fixed
<example> string of characters to replace the "greater than"?  If it allow you
<example> to use variables that are sensitive to where this quote was
<example> copied/pasted from, then I'm wrong.

or

^%>|  Does it allow you to use variables, like "initials of the sender of
^%>|  the origianal post", or does it allow you to user-define a fixed
^%>|  string of characters to replace the "greater than"?  If it allow you
^%>|  to use variables that are sensitive to where this quote was
^%>|  copied/pasted from, then I'm wrong.

You see, you may define anything you like. :))))

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-