Hi all,

On Tuesday, September 28, 1999, 1:42:26 AM (-5 GMT), Thomas scribbled:

> Two different things, Allie: your earlier proposal was that the quotes
> should show the original sender's initial's; what you describe Agent
> is doing, is giving you the option to choose a fixed set of characters
> as a quote mark, regardless of who the sender is. I don't use Agent;
> kindly correct me if I'm mistaken.

My original proposal was that if one uses initials in his/her quote
prefixes, TB! should change the quote prefix used in 'quote as text'
option to the initialed type especially when quoting text from the
message being replied to.

A good example of the inconsistency is illustrated in this way:

Enable initialed quote prefixing and hit reply to this message. The
quote prefixing is fine.

Now, another way to reply to my message would be to remove the %Quotes
template macro and manually copy/paste what you need from my message. If
you do it this way, initialed quote prefixes are not generated. I would
have expected that the initialed quote prefixes would have been
generated either way. This is an understandable situation because I
don't know how TB! would be able to differentiate clipboard items taken
from TB! mail as opposed to a remote file, so it would be best to use
the default ">" prefix.

Some users actually happy the way things are but in looking at Agent, I
see a very workable solution. Agent has, not only a 'paste as quote'
option which pastes text with the default quote prefix, but also a
'paste as quote custom.." option which allows you to define whatever
quote prefix you like.

> And yes, I think it would be nice to be able to change the quote mark
> from the standard "greater than" to any character or string you like.

That's my number 2 request. Not only to be able to change it but also to
be able to define symbols to be sensed as quote prefixes. In Agent I
have things set so that "|", ">" and ":" are sensed as quote prefixes.
These are the most commonly used ones or combinations thereof. I
therefore get the appropriate color differentiation with correspondents
 mail not using a ">" as their quote prefix.

--
Regards,
 -=Ali=-