Hello Spike,

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, at 20:49:06 GMT -0500 (1/18/2003, 7:49 PM -0500 GMT
here), you wrote in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> In a word, if these unnecessary 'features' are not made optional
> - YES!  And I'm not alone in this.

Optional is the key. Personally I would think it a good strategy on
Ritlabs part to continue high end functionality with options to make TB
more attractive to larger market. This way the long term viability of
the product is more assured. As a user I like that as long as certain
features are optional such as HTML, & news reader.

Now I've read quite a lot of posts on HTML mail. I can totally
understand the headache created when receiving HTML mail. So how about
an option to strip HTML from email on receipt to receive only text
email?  If products exist out there already, why not incorporate that
functionality into an email client?

Other things I think would be a Kill a sub-thread. How many times have I
received email on this list that goes off on a tangent that I'm not
interested? Quite a few times. I don't think this functionality should
only apply to a news reader.

How about manual re-threading. How many times have I received an email
where the sender was actually starting a new topic in a reply message?
Quite a few times. I don't think this functionality should
only apply to a news reader.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Greg Strong
TB! v1.63 Beta/4 on Windows XP Service Pack 1