Hello Greg,

>> In a word, if these unnecessary 'features' are not made optional
>> - YES!  And I'm not alone in this.

RitLabs will never kill their already good share of the
market by removing options from the user... That would be a
business flaw that could damage productivity and user
loyalty...

Everyone against HTML support have a few things in common
but what I do not see in common is any of the positive HTML
can achieve even in an email... To me text is good for one
thing and I call it "information straight"... The reader
starts at the top and works his way to the bottom meanwhile
I know that with good HTML design you can actually stimulate
a readers attention and responsiveness...

One thing that kills me is this, is there anyone here whose
against HTML mail and is also against doing business by
email? I mean in other words if an HTML formatted email
reaches your inbox does a filter or any other mean delete it
before you see it?

My point is The Bat may be great against showing web images
inline but it can never stop an email composed elsewhere
from reaching you in HTML... You can probably stop it using
other means but overall in the end you still deal with it
regardless of how much you might cry, wine, pant and pout
about it.

I believe in the freedom of choice. Any user any where in
the world can send me any type of mail they wish as long as
the message itself gets across... I have no qualms with it.

I have respect for the Internet where technology will move
ahead without asking you, prompting you or warning you and
HTML no matter what the pessimist might think about it, has
made its way into the email market without warning you. You
can cry, wine, pant and pout but you're in no way going to
stop the movement...

I am currently preparing to run a business of my own and I
only see the ability to create, manage and edit HTML inline
as a plus. I have no arguments about future support for
anything that does not damage what it is I respect today.

Choice I am sure will come and it is the choice I will
respect more than no choice but to edit in text and text
alone.

That's my opinion and 2 cents about HTML... About security,
web bugs, spam & viruses, etc... I fear it in the least...
RTF editing and news group support I definitely encourage.

Give me freedom of choice or give me death and if I die by
the hands of death those hands most likely belong to a text
only activist...

Have a great day everyone and even if HTML is never
supported inline The Bat! is still a very awesome client :)

 Victor B. Gonzalez
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v1.62 Christmas Edition
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1