Mario,

> _endString will be _not_ configurable.

I agree with this but ask if if it makes sense to be auto-terminated with
\n or \n\n
am I wrong to think *Typically inline does end at a line or paragraph
break?*

So if we use the glyphs I suggested ⁽ this is inline⁾ this inline ⁽.coda at
the end will be honoured

   - "coda" is a term used as in the finishing notes in music that end the
   piece gracefully.
   - In this case it would be an end of line sequence
   - Arguable we may use

´something ⁽ rest of line using inline
or
⁽ just reusing the inline to the end of line (from the beginning)

   - I suggest this only because there may be a lot of cases where inline
   is used to highlight text
   - Not demanding closure may reduce incidental errors when closure
   omitted.
   - This same highlight may be reused in lines as well
   - No need to define another all but identical line of paragraph
   terminated custom wikitext just to use the same formatting as an inline
   definition.

This is a sentence ⁽.mark.yellow this text singled out⁾ but this text just
sentence. Note no space proceeding close.

´something ⁽.mark.yellow rest of line using inline
or
⁽.mark.yellow just reusing the inline custom for a whole line.

*⁽.mark.yellow Item 1 highlighted
*⁽.mark.green Item 2 differently highlighted.

I think inline puts us on the "home run".

Tony