*Block & Inline are Different Things. Having separate definition spaces
remains a good idea. *

Ciao PMaio & TonyM

PMario wrote:

> As I do read the requests, I think we shouldn't make a difference between
> \customize and \customize inline .... But this could cause a lot more
> consistency problems, like:
>
> ´d ´s some text        <-- only works that way because I liked it.
>
> With strict rules it would need to look like this:
>
> ´d
> ´s some text
> some text
> ----   <--* _endString*

I think the distinction between INLINE & BLOCK remains valid. Of course you
can argue one can glide one into the other. But I'd need convincing that
the basic distinction should be messed with. Customize each separately. You
could still use \customize to change behaviors for any element.

Best wishes
TT