*Regarding Using UNDERSCORE - Don't*
PMario wrote:

> I tend to remove __ and ___ ... since it will overwrite the existing
> __underline__ wikitext definition, which isn't usable atm.

Quick observation.

I think it is a mistake to consider underscore in any Custom Markup. For
several reasons ...

1 - IMO, if we have to switch off the EXISTING underline method (__text
bits__) in WikiText it would be confusing & and could break users existing
markup in Tiddlers.

2 - AND having both the existing method for the U element and the Custom
Markup SPAN element just adds complexity that will make small errors much
harder to pin down.

3 - Nesting if we go with ...

reEnd = /___|_\//g

... will produce WikiText that gets difficult to read and is over verbose.
For instance ...

We built a ___.h house ___.o on a hill_ _ with a long fence.

... and IF we retain existing underline method it gets even worse ...

We built a ___.h house ___.o __on__ a hill_ _ with a long fence.

*Basically, I think its a mistake to use underscore anywhere in Custom
Markup!*
*Custom Markup should use it's own, never used before, glyphs. *

An opinion
Best wishes
TT