David Miller wrote:
> You guys, on the other hand, seem to think
> it is a sin to read the other side.

DAVEH:
> I see you are not immune to telling me what I
> believe either, DavidM. Did you not read my
> post that explained that I have a few
> anti-Mormon books in my library?

I don't remember you saying that you have read those books, only that you
have them in your library.  Have you read any of them completely?

DAVEH:
> Do you have a specific question about it? Or
> do you just wish to use it to bash LDS theology
> or my beliefs?

For starters, do you agree that these were the original documents which
Joseph Smith translated?

David Miller wrote:
> I think you misunderstand my intentions.

DAVEH:
> LOL.......I don't think so, DavidM. But in
> case that I have.....what are they?

To find out how you deal with the facts about the Book of Abraham, which
conclusively prove Joseph Smith lied about his ability to translate
Egyptian.

DAVEH:
> Ahhhhhhh.....In that case, I would be very interested
> in knowing if you believe our Heavenly Father currently
> has a body of flesh and bones?

I believe that Jesus Christ has a body of flesh and bones, and I believe
that the Heavenly Father has a body, but not a body of flesh and bones.

Dave Hansen wrote:
> Do you ever run into folks who have not
> read the Bible? If not, does that prevent
> you from discussing it with them?

It prevents me from having any significant dialogue with them.  Those who
have never read the Bible can only discuss it on the most superficial basis.
I always find myself asking them to read one of the books in the Bible first
so that serious dialogue about it can continue.  If they refuse to read it,
then they lose all credibility with me.  They have no basis for dismissing
the Bible if they have never read it.  Sometimes when I preach at a
university and a student objects to the Bible as archaic and not worthy of
reading, I ask him questions to expose his knowledge of the Bible.  When he
admits that he has not even read a whole book from the Bible, you can bet I
ridicule him before the hundreds of other students watching our exchange.  I
shame him with ridicule because he deserves it, if he, on a university
campus, thinks he can get away with critiquing something that he has never
read.  The students always agree with me on this point, whether they believe
in the Bible or not.

David Miller wrote:
> It contains the entire Book of Abraham papyrus

DAVEH:
> Really?!?!?!?! Are you sure, DavidM? If so, then
> I may change my mind.

What I meant was that it contains the entire Book of Abraham papyrus that is
extant.

DAVEH:
> Are you accusing Blaine or me for not
> having love for our neighbors?

Yes.  I am your neighbor, having conversed with you for many years over the
Internet.  Have I EVER made such a request of you before?  Ever?  As you
well know, years ago, I had a much different tenor to how I discussed this
subject with you.  As my knowledge of Mormonism has grown, my opinions have
become more formulated.  This is an important thing to me.  You don't seem
to care.

DAVEH:
> OK DavidM, enough of your insinuating
> comments. Who have I offended?

I told you in a past post that you have offended me by not caring to discuss
this Book of Abraham issue in detail.

DaveH wrote:
> As for your comment that we "are motivated
> by evil spirits", I respectfully disagree. ...
> Anybody who wants to make disparaging
> comments about LDS theology will get little
> more than "I respectfully disagree" from me.

My remark was meant to be taken seriously.  What else explains this strange
avoidance behavior?  Hmmm.  Don't you believe in evil spirits as real
entities???  Joseph Smith sure believed in them.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida  USA