Jeff in red:
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 0:53
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] 613 Commands

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:45:54 -0600 "ShieldsFamily" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Judy, The point “It is finished” on the cross was that Jesus died to do away with Sin; which is the opposite of doing away with the Law, because sin is defined as “lawlessness”.  I John 3:4, Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and [Rom 4:15; 1 John 5:17] sin is lawlessness.

What do you consider “the Levitical Law”? If you are talking about Talmud, I agree—it is not scripture.  God’s laws are scripture and as such, as you have eloquently stated, will never be done away with.  Izzy

Judy responds:: I agree with the above Izzy - The Levitical Law has to do with the Levitical Priesthood and the animal sacrifices, feasts, and everything having to do with the earthly temple and it is explained in Hebrews 9 and 10. This and the Talmud are no longer relevant according to my understanding.  Judyt.

So then, it is true that you DO NOT understand. Nor do you want to understand. One point here, God's Feasts, Gods holy days are not Levitical Laws they are for everyone who claims to be a child of God. Jews and Gentiles.  Did God ordain christmas or easter? NO! They are not Biblical holy days (holidays), they are manmade. Those are the holy days-doctrines of men God wants us to move away from.  I suggest that you get and study a book, Celebrate the Feasts, of the old testament in your own home or church, by Martha Zimmerman.  This book is by a Christian author and I think the back cover note will explain much,

       "The great religious feasts as described in the Old Testament and Jewish tradition are full of spiritual truth presented in the New Testament...  The author carefully researched these festivals... She then prepaired the complete information necessary to recreate the symbolic representations of Christ as found in the holy celebrations of the Old Testament..."

 Nothing has been done away with, but you fail to see that the writer of Hebrews is explaining that everything known to the reciepients of that letter is but a SHADOW of what is to come. So just who were the reciepients of the letter to the Hebrews?  Messianic Jews, who not only understood the author but didn't cornfuse it into something it is not.  If that is a shadow, then where is the real McCoy?  I think in our lifetime we will see the temple rebuilt. There can be no shadow without the real item existing to cast a shadow.

  Judy you miss the point on a lot of truth here because you confuse Torah and Talmud, the doctrine of Messiah and the doctrines of men, your own misunderstandings and Biblical truth.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Judy Taylor

I don't believe God's moral law has gone anywhere - It is the Levitical law that was nailed to the cross because it has been completed in Christ. We no longer need Levitical priests, we have a Great High Priest who sits on the right hand of God the Father in the heavenlies.  What point do you believe I have missed that has to do with the cross?  Judyt