John Jason Jordan wrote:
> OK, I have entered a couple dozen books in my Zotero account, and I have the
> OOo plugin working. That is, it works, except not correctly.
>
> For example, I made a citation and then a bibliography, as an experiment. For
> both I specified APA format. Here is what Zotero plugged into the OOo Writer
> document for the citation and bibliography, respectively:
>
> (“A dictionary of sociolinguistics [WorldCat.org],” p. 23)⁠
> A dictionary of sociolinguistics [WorldCat.org]. . Retrieved October 2, 2008,
> from http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/53398014?referer=list_view.
>
> This is just wrong. The book is not published on the web. It is a paperback
> book sitting behind me on my bookshelf. The correct citation and bibliography
> entry (in APA style) should have been:

I posted the link on Zotero's website on how to use it to add an item to
the database when it is being viewed in a web page.

It looks like, though I am certain, that you added a link to the web
page or something, instead of going to a web page that had that item's
bib. data on it (perhaps a library's OPAC web page). In the latter case,
Zotero should have parsed that web page and shown a little "book" icon
on the right hand side of Firefox's URL bar. Clicking on that icon adds
that bib item as a book in Zotero.

If you did not do this procedure, please give another try. But if you
need more help, Zotero's forum is going to be your best bet.

Regards.