On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 22:53:46 -0400
"H.S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dijo:

> > For example, I made a citation and then a bibliography, as an experiment.
> > For both I specified APA format. Here is what Zotero plugged into the OOo
> > Writer document for the citation and bibliography, respectively:
> >
> > (“A dictionary of sociolinguistics [WorldCat.org],” p. 23)⁠
> > A dictionary of sociolinguistics [WorldCat.org]. . Retrieved October 2,
> > 2008, from http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/53398014?referer=list_view.
> >
> > This is just wrong. The book is not published on the web. It is a paperback
> > book sitting behind me on my bookshelf. The correct citation and
> > bibliography entry (in APA style) should have been:

> It looks like, though I am certain, that you added a link to the web
> page or something, instead of going to a web page that had that item's
> bib. data on it (perhaps a library's OPAC web page). In the latter case,
> Zotero should have parsed that web page and shown a little "book" icon
> on the right hand side of Firefox's URL bar. Clicking on that icon adds
> that bib item as a book in Zotero.

That is what I was missing. I did not know about the book icon in Firefox's URL
bar. Using the icon gets the data into the library.

However, there is still one problem. As I mentioned before, I enter items by
typing the ISBN number into a new item in Zotero, then
clicking on the Locate button. This does locate the book, and clicking on the
book icon in Firefox's URL bar does get the item into the
library. However, when it locates the item the title of the book is sentence
case, not title case. Therefore, when I add a citation or make
a bibliography I get the titles in all lowercase except the first word. Here is
an example:

-----------
(McKay & Wong, 2000, p. 24)

(Romaine, 2000, p. 102)⁠⁠

(Glowka & Lance, 1993, p. 34)⁠

(Glowka & Lance, 1993)

(Myers-Scotton, 1995)⁠⁠

Bibliography
Glowka, A. W., & Lance, D. M. (1993). Language variation in North American
English :  research and teaching. New York: Modern Language
Association of America.
McKay, S., & Wong, S. C. (2000). New immigrants in the United States : readings
for second language educators, Cambridge language teaching library. Cambridge,
U.K.; New York: Cambridge University Press.
Myers-Scotton, C. (1995). Social motivations for codeswitching : evidence from
Africa, Oxford studies in language contact. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
Romaine, S. (2000). Language in society : an introduction to sociolinguistics.
New York: Oxford University Press.
-------------

Interestingly, it does capitalize "United States" and "English." Also note the
extra space before a colon.

The problem is the website from which I retrieve the item. The websites that
Zotero finds list the book title in sentence case instead of title
case. Thus, Zotero correctly grabs the title as listed on the website; but the
website has the title with incorrect capitalization.

If i go to Amazon to find the book, Amazon correctly lists the title with title
case. It appears that the problem is WorldCat, which doesn't
understand how English book titles are to be capitalized.

If I use Tellico it finds the book, adds it, and the title is correctly in
title case.

Any suggestions?