--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Renat Zarbailov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> URL hotspots in the video is also essential for product placement for
> new tab opening when the end-user clicks on it.
>
> What are your thoughts on this?

This will be the future of web video for sure. Adobe Media Player should make
this a more
viable option with an interactive Flash layer over H264 video. Enhanced
podcasts come
close to this in some ways, but I haven't seen any that use that technology for
'traditional'
advertising. I'm sure the minds of advertisers have to be changed/convinced
that web
video is worthwhile avenue for advertising on. As has been mentioned already it
comes
down to ROI for them. I think old school ad mentality dictates that broad
advertising to a
vast audience in the hope that a small percentage of those viewers react to the
ad.

The new school will be slivercasting to highly targeted niche audiences, that
will obviously
be much much smaller. Once advertisers can be convinced that bigger is not
necessarily
better it should really beneftit a web video show with a small but loyal niche
audience.
We're seeing it with Ask A Ninja a little bit (maybe others I'm not aware of)
but those
eyeballs are still valuable. The Beer School podcast for instance. You know
right there what
demographic is subscribing to that show. Any number of advertisers would be
smart to
buy ad space/sponsor it.

It will get there, but the wheels of industry turn slowly...

adam