Hello,

On Feb 16, 2008 2:57 PM, Renat Zarbailov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree with you Adam. It's just a matter of time that all that you
>  describe will happen. As far as the advertising platform, maybe even
>  open-source, that I mentioned earlier about in this post, I have
>  discovered that it is possible using Adobe Flex in tandem with Adobe
>  LiveCycle. Imagine if there's an advertising platform out there, much
>  like Google AdWords but for video, that allows independednt video
>  producers to log-in to their accounts and choose what video ads are
>  suitable for their show. On the other end, the advertising companies
>  create their profiles on this platform and submit their 5-10 second
>  video adds (also with ability to let the independent producers to
>  create the ads for them). So the platform hosts the video ads and
>  connects the advertisers with the independent producers. The
>  producers get the Flash player with capabilities to display URL
>  hotspots (product placement) and other features I mentioned, like RSS
>  video ad insertion into episodes. Of course the platform also has to
>  CDN host the footage of episodes. It seems that the most ideal
>  company to come up with something like this is Blip. But they are
>  sleeping. They seem to only want to connect the independent producers
>  with pre/mid/post-roll video ads only if the episode reaches a
>  certain number of views.
>

>  What are your thoughts on this?

Blip.tv might not have anyone there who has a background in online advertising.

I do think blip.tv is in a good position to be a "tool vendor".
Providing the infrastructure for video bloggers and other Internet TV
makers behind the scenes.

This could include tools for online advertising too.  But it's up to
them if they want to take actions to add online advertising to the
list of "services" they offer.

--
Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.
http://ChangeLog.ca/